We are excited to announce the lineup for our first ever internal conference, the OVO Product Development Conference. This is a chance for our tech, product and UX people to get together, listen to some amazing talks from their peers, participate in workshops and socialise.
The event will be at CodeNode, one of London's best conference venues. After a keynote from the OVO Energy Group CTO, Ed Conolly, we'll split into three tracks of talks and workshops. Finally we'll regroup for a closing keynote from Cassie Harman, Product Director.
We conducted an internal CFP and received a lot of great submissions, so the programme committee had a really tough job selecting talks and putting the schedule together.
Without further ado, here is the full lineup.
- Building machine learning products (Paul Puget)
- I wrote my own programming language and you can too! (David Bond)
- We Used AWS Lambda Incorrectly (so you don’t have to) (Hayden Field)
- What's security got to do with DevOps? (Jon Potter)
- How we ‘Boost'ed collaboration between teams (Sarah Miller)
- How to make more reliable end to end tests (Andy Summers)
- Decisions, decisions: the art of collaborative decision-making (Ewan Milne)
- Getting the best from teams (Christina Daly)
- Team happiness and harmony, who cares? (Sophie Herbert)
- Chatbots: overrated hype or a real opportunity for OVO? (David Bourdillon)
- Design for the future vs. design for now (Giuseppe Burdo)
- Continuous Design & Development: collaborative and iterative delivery (James Cook)
- Writing better notes for qualitative research (Todd Carter)
- Service Mapping 101 (Rita Cervetto & Kenny Gray)